Sunday, 20 March 2011

Hearts Will Never Be Practical Until They Can Be Made Unbreakable.

This is an experiment I work on sometime when I'm on a train and forget to bring any paper. Drawn all in the lassoo tool.

"I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you
are in luck not to have a heart." L. F. Baum.

Read The Wizzard of Oz to A.W the other day and got on to how god damn bleak some of it is. It's funny reading kids books when you're not a kid and realising how much flew over your head back then. Whilst on the subject of devastating kids books, The Heart and the Bottle by the amazing Oliver Jeffers is a must have. The illustrations are out of this world and it totally broke my heart in two one bed time.

To balance out the day, we listened to the Bugsy Malone soundtrack on full whack and dreamt of cream pies.



x

7 comments:

Lucy Harvey said...

I absolutely love that drawing, also I have been recommended Oliver Jeffers' books.

katey jean said...

Thanks a lot owl, it's kinda fun not drawing with a pencil. I might have to get a tablet. Oliver Jeffers book are totally off the charts, I have most of them here, take a look next time!xx

cachoo said...

Just purchased said tear-fest-in-a-dust-jacket. It will be waterproof, right? Let's see how this goes. x

katey jean said...

It's great Rebecca! I read it one bedtime and without reading the blurb. I definitely had something in my eye within about 3 pages. x

Emma Kate said...

Beautiful illustration ... really really beautiful xXx

katey jean said...

Thanks so much, Emma. Means a lot :) xx

Emma said...

love the illustration, its stunning xx