Saturday, 12 September 2009

Time To Crawl Out Of My Cave....

I haven't blogged in ages.. in fact, I haven't really drawn for ages. I've been hiding out for a while, burying my head in the sand whilst trying to find my feet after moving to London (I finally did it.. I moved to the dreaded smoke.. booo hissss I wont forget you, Northern England!) Anyway, bumpy start but I'm settled here for now and it feels like home.

So a few things have happened since I last updated about 5 years ago. Postics (aka Ken of Studio Buro) kindly asked me to take part in a fab exhibition he curated for this years Park N Rock festival over in France. The idea was to customise three record sleeves which had sentimental value.. I did Weezer -blue album, Mineral - the power of failing and SDRE - how it feels to be something on. (emotastic!). It travelled from Toulouse to Paris and ended finally in Marseilles last week. A huge thank you to Ken for asking me to take part, the collection of artists involved were all amazing and it was a real honour. Take a look at http://www.studioburo.com/parknrock for lots more pictures from all the artist who took part.

I've got some images in Martin Dawber's Big Book of Contemporary Illustration which was out this month. It's a couple of older images but the book looks fab.. I really need to get my hands on a copy. Also, I have some images in the book 'Hair'em Scare'em' published by Gesalten and set for release in October. It's a collection of images by artists who use the subject of within their work. If you haven't noticed, I love a good beard.. so I made it in. Thank you Matthias and Elisabeth.

I spent a day in YCN's studio's a couple of weeks ago doing some paintings for their Flowers project where they asked a few of their illustrators to hand draw some brown wrapping paper for bunches of flowers they planned to send out to some lucky clients... Here's a picture of me painting something really twee (suprise suprise) Thanks to Johanna for inviting me down! :)


Ok, this is getting a bit long, I'll wrap it up here and update again soon.

Bye bye to whoever still reads this!

Katey x

No comments: