Sunday, 3 August 2008

A tiny bag and a tiny painting for a tiny person.

I've had a nice week of buying lots of electrical goods I've needed for a long time.. most importantly a swanky laptop (yes! I can watch funny cats on youtube whilst in bed) and a geeky pink camera. I've sure missed having a camera for the past year or so, mostly when cycling past ridiculous graffiti of dinosaurs saying 'LOL'. It was bought for my trip to New York I've planned for September, as I realised of all the times I've been there I have never taken a single photograph, what a crime!

I've been working on a painting I was asked to do to mark the arrival of a friend's, sister's little girl. It was a nice commission as it was inspired by The Owl and The Pussy Cat. It was fun, I got to draw Marla holding a moggy in a very incorrect manner and a very light owl that magically doesn't squash the shit out of single pink roses. I think I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, I hadn't done a straight up painting in so long and I forgot how lazy and unplanned photoshop can make you as an artist. Here it is anyway, welcome, Marla, you beautiful miniature human.

Another thing, I finally got my hands on one of the Hot Club de Paris tote bags that I designed a screen print for a while back. I was pretty stoked on doing this as they're an awesome band (www.myspace.com/hotclubdeparis) and I got to draw a skeleton. They're super small but look pretty cute, it makes me realise how much I'd love to hold a wood pigeon. The little fat bastards.

My picture's in the latest copy of Amelia's Magazine... it was a drawing based on the idea of a positive outlook for the future. It's a brilliant little magazine full of cool music, photography and barmy fashion and I'm really pleased to be in there! Check it out www.ameliasmagazine.com

Over and out
Katey-Jean x

2 comments:

Lucy Harvey said...

I want the skelebob as a tattoo x

gemma correll said...

is it possible to purchase one of those tote bags anywhere that you know of?
i want one sooooooo bad. x